FitBizzz

I created this blog as my release. It's your typical, gratuitous page of all Pam. I need an outlet for my fitness plight and here it is.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Goings On...

I need to make up pseudonyms for the active participants in my blog. For now, J is my husband, C is his beautiful daughter. I'll come up with a cast of characters soon.

Last week was fabulous. Both J and I took a vacation. He took C to Florida to meet family and I stayed at home for a baby shower that Jessie, my neighbor threw for me. C and J had a wonderful time in Florida. C especially took to her cousin, Jessica. C got to swim at the pool and the beach and Grammy and Aunt Becki made sure they got their shopping time in with C. She had a fabulous time.

Meanwhile, at home, friends, family, and neighbors gathered at Jessie's for my baby shower. I went to the airport in the morning and dropped off C and J for their trip to Florida. I proceeded to baggage claim to pickup my friend from Chicago, Kim and her son Ryan. He's 23 months old. But wait, that's not all. I had two big surprises. First of all, Kim was pregnant. Way pregnant! And looking beautiful, I might add. As soon as I could get over myself, I looked to the side to find her mother, Mary standing there. What a surprise- 2 in one day! I was overwhelmed with emotion. Shut up, I'm pregnant, so let me be.

All of our friends and family were so generous. I can't thank everybody enough. We have a great start to bringing this baby into the world. I'm pretty sure we have everything we need to get started. Jessie made wonderful deserts including chocolate cherry cake and cookies. She had some fun games and nice prizes.

One of my favorite gifts was the John Lennon mobile. Is it fair to pick favorites when everything was fabulous? Well, no I guess not but I really like this mobile from Lisa and Brett. It has cute animals hanging and it doesn't play something lame like Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or lullabies; it plays Imagine. You know the song (lyrics from lyrics.com):

Imagine
Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,Imagine all the people
living for today...
 
Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
 
Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
 
You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.
- John Lennon
 
The best thing about this song is that the dogs really love it, especially Maggie. Every time I wind the mobile up, she comes running in the room to listen to it. Who knows, maybe Westley will love the Beatles as much as his Daddy. We know C does. C really likes that song where "she's just standing there" (direct quote). She also likes Good Day Sunshine.

Baby Westley is still progressing well. He's 6 lbs and 3 oz and hasn't dropped yet. We're looking forward to meeting him but we hope he waits until his due date. Hah. You can laugh if you want, but I can still hope. We have so much to do and it would be at the end of a pay period. I'm sure Westley doesn't have convenience in mind but we'll see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home