FitBizzz

I created this blog as my release. It's your typical, gratuitous page of all Pam. I need an outlet for my fitness plight and here it is.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Dreaming...

For many years, I was in search of an article I read as a youngin'. It was about lucid dreaming. I first read about it in Omni magazine in 1986 (I think). I made countless searches at the library for a copy of the article but never could find it. Well, thank God for the internet because I finally ran across the information I was looking for.

What's even worse, I bookmarked my finding on the internet some time ago and just got around to reading it. If you would like to learn more about lucid dreaming have a gander.

I guess I was about 15 when I first pondered lucid dreaming. After reading how to achieve lucidity, I was able to have lucid dreams pretty easily. Unfortunately, I didn't "practice" and since only occasionally have lucid dreams. Maybe every few years or so.

Once I accomplished lucidity, I was able to control my dreams to a certain degree. If I found myself doubting that I was dreaming, it wasn't as easy to control especially when other people were around. Mostly, I would choose to fly. Once, I found myself in a very magical place with waterfalls into vast beautiful pools (almost terraced into each other) and the most magical animals including unicorns.

My Dad (who introduced me to the original article) and I used to "practice" so we could meet each other in our dreams. It's been a long time, but I think we got it to work a couple of times. Or at least, we think we did. The mind is very powerful and it is my reality as I perceive it.

As for now, I'm going to practice achieving lucidity again. My dreams as of late get weirder every night. I wonder if it has anything to do with the human growing inside my belly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home