FitBizzz

I created this blog as my release. It's your typical, gratuitous page of all Pam. I need an outlet for my fitness plight and here it is.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Nesting

So I guess my nesting phase has taken hold. Everybody says that during the latter part of the pregnancy, you get a burst of energy, you feel great, and you feel like nesting. Well, I don't have this energy. In fact, I feel very tired most of the time but I've had the biggest urge to finish the office, get the baby's room ready, and clean, clean, clean. OH! I also feel like cooking.

After giving birth, J and I are switching roles. He always had dinner ready after a long day's work. I would occasionally cook on the weekends, when the mood would strike. I plan on doing a lot more of the cooking now and have been experimenting 1-2 times a week. I've even baked some! I've always hated baking but I find that I like making goods from scratch. We've had one really bad dinner as a result of my cooking but overall I think the experience has been good. Here's a list of things I've tried recently. I will rate them out of 5 stars, 5 being the best:

Asian-Style Pork and Vegetable Noodles I substituted a lot for ingredients I couldn't find) ****

Will try Barbecued Shrimp in Lettuce next time as an accompanient.

Southwest Turkey Burgers **** with O-Nuts ***~ Burgers were great and tasty but I made them too large. J really like the onion rings but I couldn't get the batter to stay on the onion. I will try better next time.

Ginger Lemonage *****- OMG fantastic! Ginger good!

Spinach Alfredo Lasagna ****

Chocolate Chip Cookies (part 1)****- I don't know where the exact entry is but I got it from this incredibly inspiring website.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (part 2)****- different recipe, different website substituting some flour with cocoa powder.

Ultimate Brownies- Will be making this week. This recipe is from the Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). I doubt the recipe is still available. It posts for a limited time so we can buy her incredibly expensive cookbook. Nonetheless, she inspires me so and I love her show.

Puttanesca Sauce *- J actually loved this meal. I made the sauce with some whole-wheat spaghetti. I used Kalameto olives and I think it overpowered the sauce too much. I will try this recipe again with some tweaking. For the most part it was good.

This new cooking bug I have is great but I don't want to fall into a pattern where dinner gets too boring or worse, too expensive. I'm only inspired by shows and websites that demonstrate simplicity but still pack a punch of flavor. I'm inspired by Rachael Ray, Ina Garten, AllRecipes.com, J's family recipes, and the other blogs I linked to for some of the recipes above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home