FitBizzz

I created this blog as my release. It's your typical, gratuitous page of all Pam. I need an outlet for my fitness plight and here it is.

Thursday, November 06, 2003

This and That

I earned my Yellow Belt last night! Woo-hoo. My first hurtle completed for Karate. I have about 20 more to go. I'm feeling good. I practiced a lot. I even started learning some more defensive drills to start earning my orange belt.

I went to the coolest place this week. I was in the Avoyelles, the "Cajun Crossroads" of Louisiana. I upgraded a customer there and boy did I ever get a lesson in culture shock. I work for financial institutions around the country, mostly banks and credit unions. I would walk by offices where the men would be talking genuine Cajun French to each other. My clients that I trained were pretty young but their parents were very Cajun. They had the accents to prove it. Unfortunately the language and dialect are being lost as we speak for the clients' parents are the last generation to speak the language. It's no longer being passed along. I felt honored to witness some of this culture at its finest.

I learned a little more about gambling at the fine establishment know as the Paragon Resort. I learned about fine cuisine including Boudin (white and red), Cracklings, and Gread. I also learned what a nupie and a Coon Microwave is. I partook in the Cracklings and White Boudin and found them both delicious. I can't wait to go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home